It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 pm

OP,RAW necessary for Ge clusters?

For questions about writing Gosia inputs

OP,RAW necessary for Ge clusters?

Postby C.Bauer » Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:10 pm

I found the following sentence in the manual:

Do not use OP,RAW if all g-intensities are efficiency-corrected.

But what if I have a cluster of Ge detectors I want to use? Then I have to use OP,RAW also when I give efficiency corrected yields I think. I will set the coefficients to have a flat efficiency curve but need to have OP,RAW for the clusters, right?

So I am just curious if there is a way to use clusters and give yields in clusters without using OP,RAW because that would reduce the input file quite a lot...
C.Bauer

Re: OP,RAW necessary for Ge clusters?

Postby hayes » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Hi,

I think that the method you suggest--giving the parameters for a flat efficiency curve--is probably the only way. If you are summing the yields in clusters, then I think this is the only accurate solution.

Your solution is exactly what the upcoming "release version" of the GUI Rachel (expected in September) does for cluster data, since the GUI takes only relative-efficiency-corrected data. The GUI will use the following efficiency parameters in OP,RAW:

Code: Select all
0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  0.0  1.0  1.0

These can be compared with the parameters A1...A8 in the latest manual section 7.21 and chapter 15 to see how we are setting the parameters.

The latest beta version of Rachel does not yet handle clusters, so this will have to be done in Gosia directly for now.

Please let us know if you find any problems with this method or the parameters above.

Best,
Adam
hayes

Return to General Usage Questions