It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:25 am

Import Gosia input files option?

For questions about rachel.py aka the Gosia GUI.

Import Gosia input files option?

Postby LPGaffney » Thu May 12, 2011 3:31 pm

Will there be an option to import existing Gosia input files and set-ups?

I have already defined level schemes, matrix elements, Ge setup etc and would like to use some of the features of the Rachel GUI. Does one need to redefine all of these or can these be extracted from current *.inp and *.gdt files?

Thanks,
Liam
LPGaffney

Re: Import Gosia input files option?

Postby hayes » Fri May 13, 2011 11:52 am

Hi Liam,

This will probably not be possible for some time, because parsing the complete input file(s) takes a lot of careful coding.

Most of the setup should take a matter of minutes in the GUI, once you follow an example. (The example videos are a bit outdated, but once you see the order of operations, the prompts should be self-explanatory.)

http://www-user.pas.rochester.edu/~gosi ... -time_help

Edit: Parsing even the level scheme, for example, is not simple, because the GUI works in terms of band, spin, where gosia does not contain band numbers. What parts of the input file, if you can choose, would be most helpful for the GUI to load? Perhaps we can make a step toward this goal by picking some of the data from the gosia input file.

Adam
hayes

Postby LPGaffney » Fri May 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Hi Adam,

I find the importing of the level scheme simple enough as it is. It is a useful feature which removes possible (undetectable) input errors. The most important features to import would be the detector definitions, as this takes a long time to implement if you have an array of unique detectors.

I understand it is rather difficult to import the entire input file, but maybe a copy and paste of detector definitions and angles may be useful? Especially as multiple experiments may use the same set-up, I find I am also sharing these files and lines of code with others and a simpler input method may be quicker and reduce errors?

Liam
LPGaffney

Postby hayes » Fri May 13, 2011 3:45 pm

Hi Liam,

This is a good idea. I will add it to the to-do list. (Feel free to remind me. I will be busy for the next several weeks.)

Maybe a wiki page would be useful to keep track of these ideas and not only in my notes:

http://www-user.pas.rochester.edu/~gosi ... d_upgrades

Thanks,
Adam
hayes

Return to Rachel