It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:09 pm

Revised version of the Gosia User Manual

Proposed upgrades to the Gosia manual and discussion

Revised version of the Gosia User Manual

Postby Cline » Wed May 02, 2012 2:44 pm

• A gamma-ray detection efficiency tensor approach has been developed to handle complicated gamma-ray detector geometries that do not have cylindrical symmetry. Chapter 4.6 discusses the method, the usefulness of assuming axial symmetry, and of treating a complicated geometry as a cluster of axially-symmetric individual detectors. The OP.RAW, chapter 7.21, description has been changed to reflect using it to handle clusters of gamma-ray detectors for which the experimental gamma-ray yields have been corrected for the detection efficiency.
• Chapter 5.2 has been expanded to emphasize the importance of including the Q-value dependence when making the transformation from the laboratory frame to the corresponding centre-of-mass scattering angles for the states of interest. This is especially important if one of the interacting nuclei has a low mass such as 12C.
• Chapter 5.3 reviews the ≈ 15% systematic errors and interpolation errors in available compilations and codes of stopping powers for heavy-ion energy loss in matter. It is recommended that SRIM be adopted for calculation of energy-loss stopping powers. Access to the SRIM code has been provided for RACHEL users.
• The magnitude of systematic errors introduced by the Q-value dependence of the kinematic transformation as well as systematic errors resulting from the uncertainties in energy-loss compilations have been included in the discussion of systematic errors in Chapter 6.81.
• The RACHEL description in chapter 8 has been updated to match the newly released code RACHEL 1.0.
• Small changes have been made to chapter 7 to clarify the Gosia input.
• Typographic errors in table 3.1 were corrected.

The latest version, entitled Gosia_Manual_20120501, can be downloaded via the link on the Gosia Users Website at http://www.pas.rochester.edu/~cline/Gosia/index.html
or via the Gosia Wiki at
http://www-user.pas.rochester.edu/~gosia/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page .
Cline

Re: Revised version of the Gosia User Manual

Postby LPGaffney » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:59 pm

There is a typo on page 240 of the manual. When describing the file assignments for the gosia2 input, the line with the file number and status flag for the file kr88.me is missing... It currently reads:

Code: Select all
15, 3, 1
dum.15
kr88.me
32, 3, 1
c12.me

But I assume that it should be:

Code: Select all
15, 3, 1
dum.15
12, 3, 1
kr88.me